Private Insurance: We are providers for many of the common insurance carriers in the state but due to the nature of many of our products we have to approach each case as a new negotiation and do not have set rates with most insurance companies.
FUNDING AGENCIES: Disability Services, Muscular Dystrophy, DARS, Veterans Administration.
WORKER'S COMP: These cases often involve interaction with the life care planner to provide for the lifetime services and support. We are known to many and always willing to establish a new relation to assist our clients.
CBA PROGRAMS and CLASS PROGRAMS: Many of the administration programs are either contracted or we have worked with to reach our customers goals.
We also accept Visa/Master Card, checks and cash. All co-pays are due prior to the ordering of the equipment.
We can repair most any product as long as parts are available. Our staff is very experienced with over 50 years combined experience and engineers available for those technical repairs that are sometimes elusive. We receive continuing education in a variety of fields.
We will conduct an evaluation for the appropriateness of assistive technology as part of your life with your physician, therapist, caregiver, family, and other persons interested in your independence. Our evaluation will encompass all areas of assistive technology that we are skilled in and together we will work up a plan that will minimize your challenges and maximize your ability.
We charge $250 per hour of evaluation and provide you a report outlining the plan that will best suit your needs, including provision of the equipment, training on the equipment and maintenance. Our skilled staff will be available for questions and demonstrations as needed. When it comes time to implement the plan we will be able to do so with a clear understanding of the objective and we will provide the training and support needed to make the solution effective.
ECUs and EADLs are devices that replace lost functions (because of a disability) by using technology. An example would be a voice operated remote control for a television for someone who is unable to operate the remote with their hands.
Computer access replaces the keyboard or mouse with an alternative device for the use of a computer. Some of these devices can be simple devices like one-handed keyboards or advanced devices like the Head Mouse which allow head (or other) movements to control a mouse.
We are providers on the STAP program which allows us to provide adapted telephones and TTY devices for Texans who are hard of hearing.
Our objective is to keep our client as independent as possible with the least amount of reliance on others. As engineers we thrive on designing solutions that keep people in their homes and at work. We have been doing this for a long time and are dedicated to our client's goals. As a small company we can move fast and get you the information you need to keep you ahead of the curve. Just ask us and we will find you an answer.
We honor the manufacturer's warranties. These usually include only parts and ground shipping. Labor is not covered by most warranties so we will charge for any labor fees associated with a warranty repair. To save the patient money we suggest bringing or sending the product to our office if possible. If possible we will provide a loaner product to the patient. Some more information can be found in the financial policy below
Please take a moment to review our financial policies.
- 1. Co-pays are due prior placing any equipment order or providing any service call.
- 2. Service calls are $100 per visit and are due at the time of the service. Travel fees may apply at the state rate per mile roundtrip.
- 3. Preferred Provider - Please confirm with your insurance provider that we are participating providers.
- 4. Pre-payment of 50% is due to place privately funded orders with the balance due on delivery. As an option we can provide a discount for pre-payment of the entire order, please discuss this option with your consultant.
- 5. Authorization from your funding agency is required to place all orders.
- 6. Patient Balances will be billed monthly. Payment is expected in full at the time of the delivery unless other financial arrangements have been made with our office. Monthly payments must be received, if payment is not received every 30 days a $5.00 late fee will be assessed and a finance charge of 1.5% will be added to the balance. If no payment is received in 3 consecutive periods, your relationship can be terminated and your account will be turned over to a collection agency. Any questions regarding your account should be directed to our billing office at (972) 893-8008.
- 7. Methods of Payment includes: cash, check, Visa, and MasterCard (credit card convenience fee on orders over $1,000) and can be made via mail, in person, or over the phone. There will be a $30.00 fee for all returned checks. A $20.00 fee will be charged if appointments are not cancelled within 24hrs.
- 1. We honor all Manufacturer warranties on parts and if applicable on labor.
- 2. Shipping of warranty parts is covered on ground service only and expedited shipping service must be paid for in advance.
- 3. Equipment for warranty work must be brought or shipped (with RA #) to our office for warranty work unless it is unmovable or the service call is covered under the warranty.
- 4. Saturday or after hours service calls will incur additional 50% expense.
- 1. We have a 30 day return policy on non-hygienic or non-custom equipment; the equipment must be returned in new condition to be accepted.
- 2. Restocking fees may apply (by manufacturer) of up to 40% on returned items.
- 3. No refunds on shipping, services or labor will be issued unless at the discrimination of the management.
- 4. There are no refunds or exchanges on custom ordered equipment or equipment used for hygienic purposes.
- 5. Refunds checks will be sent to the customer once the equipment is returned and can be inventoried.
We sincerely hope that you understand these policies as they are for your protection and create a cooperative working environment in which your needs can be addressed. We are committed to providing the best possible services and solutions for your needs while maintaining a low cost of operation. We look forward to a long and productive relationship.